- When your daughter gets rubella when pregnant, how are you going to explain that you chose to leave her at risk?
- What will you say when she calls you and tells you she has cervical cancer, because you decided that she wouldn’t need the HPV vaccine?
- What do you tell your son when he breaks the news to you that he cannot have kids, thanks to the mumps that he got as a teenager?
- And what do you say when he gives influenza to his grandma? How do you explain that she won’t be coming home from the hospital? Not ever.
- Do you tell them that you didn’t think these diseases were that serious? That you thought that your organic, home-cooked food was enough to protect them?
Do you say, “sorry”?
This was written by a doctor from Australia, Rachel Heap, for Northern Rivers Vaccination Association.
I reposted it as a PSA.
Hat tip: Sunni Mariah on Facebook. She saw this in her doctor’s office, posted it, and within a few days it went viral.